January 26, 2009

The Ox & Jay-Z

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!


Year of the Ox


We had our big family dinner for Chinese New Year on Saturday at SUteiShi. There were 30 of us at 4 tables and we had a ton of delicious food. On the menu for each table was edamame, kani salad, pork and vegetable gyoza, fried oysters, chicken and scallion skewers, salmon teriyaki, and vegetable udon. There was a huge platter of sashimi, a sushi platter with lots of ikura and uni, vegetarian sushi and rolls, and a selection of special rolls including the Pearl, Spider, and Sakura rolls which are some of my favorites!

On Sunday, Chinese New Year's Eve, I had another dinner at home with my mom, aunt, and David.  We had our traditional dishes like chicken, roast pork and pork with crispy skin, rice vermicelli, sweet and sour chicken from Red Hot, vegetables, and of course rice.  We usually eat at the dining room table and use the nice bowls and chopsticks.


The same Sunday evening, David and I were planning to go to Lucali, an amazing pizza place in Carrol Gardens, with Chris, Sarah, Warren, and Bronwen.  Lucali is Chris's favorite / number one pick for pizza in the city.  We had to pass and as my luck would have it, it was the night Jay-Z decided he also wanted Lucali pizza!  The ironic part is that the 4 of them were only sort of excited that they were eating in close quarters with Mr. Carter himself (Sarah even said she wished Beyonce was there instead), while I am a huge fan of his and would have been going crazy!  I was so upset to find out that I missed him but it's good to know that he also appreciates the wonder that is Lucali and hopefully I'll have the chance to see him there sometime!


No comments:

Post a Comment